New Build at Ashlands.
Ashlands Primary School is fund raising to provide a new building replacing the portacabin that was removed over the summer holiday.
The new building will provide space to:
- Extend the curriculum we offer through science, music, cookery and forest schools
- Provide a fantastic space to host Saplings, which will free up space in school to offer more after school clubs, and has the potential to extend provision to cover holidays
- Create a community space to offer evening events, for example events like Ilkley Literature Festival, clubs, exercise classes etc with rental income from this going into the school budget
You can view the initial sketches by clicking on the links below and we would welcome your comments before we begin our conversations with the planning department. We will use these comments to fine tune the plan to make it exactly what we would like for the children and community of Ilkley.
You can contact us with any ideas that you have – either about the building itself or if you know of community groups who would be interested in this please:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and put New Building Ideas into the subject line.
- via the Friends of Ashlands Facebook page
- By dropping your ideas into the school office
This is a really exciting opportunity to make a lasting and tangible difference to school. The project will be funded through fundraising (including grants) and Friends of Ashlands will be leading on that. If you have any thoughts about how we could raise more funds then please contact either myself through school or Nicola Wharmby, Chair of Friends of Ashlands at email@example.com.
If you have any contacts in the business world who would be willing to support and donate to this project then please put them in contact with me in school.